Monday, January 10, 2011

How many souls to a body?

I'm just a kiddo
My folks wonder what i'll grow to be
There's space for some ambition, we live not in a ghetto
I have no inhibitions, a million paths i see
Not so for them, they fret a little more
They said, a poet goes hungry
First learn to fetch your food, or so says the lore
So be worldly i shall, to please all and sundry
Don't be part of a crowd/Don't get left out either
Preached a great Indian poet
I'll do what I have to do, but won't let my dreams wither
Wouldn't it be surreal? To be as real as real can get
And a colorful dreamer? To live life in a duet?
Let life takes its due course
While I try a few different hats
No regrets, no remorse
Even if I just travel, or almost fly on the flats
I can't fit in an exact science, please don't fuss about detail
Paint like a painter, dance like a dancer
May be just once, but try it, give it your all and the feeling shall prevail.
Several hats to cherish, not always devoid of strife
Yay! am on top of the world... Or may be not
I'm happy being a regular guy, living a regular life
But guess what, it feels great to occasionally be someone you're not

2 comments:

Its beautiful! I loved "several hats to cherish, not always devoid of strife" :) Think you should write more!

Hey thanks Shreyasi! This one just came out on the bus back home :-P

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds