Saturday, December 25, 2010

Lonely Santa

What a pleasure it is to rhyme,
To do it more often, one needs time.

I'm home alone for Christmas, I have to pass time!
If you don't fear the dark, a little holiday with yourself is not a crime.

An indulgent to-do list with privacy so sublime,
After ages, I even have the courage to clear out my den's slime.

Its even cold outside, I've got no hills to climb,
I fancy treating myself to Maggi, but with a touch of thyme!

Just like my den, my mind needed ridding of its grime,
I'm sure this will help me, get closer to my prime!

De-fragmenting your thoughts, I realize, doesn't cost a dime,
Ah, what bliss is traffic-gazing, sipping soda and lime.

So take a few days, this experience you should mime,
While I try to better this rhyme, may be by giving it a chime!

4 comments:

Indeed it is a pleasure that you found,
'tis music in your mind, minus any sound,
for poems have their own rhythm when you write them,
each one as unique as a shiny new gem,
enjoy your indulgence, for it is rare,
next time you might use it for meditation and prayer.:P

Devika

I wonder how you folks do this?
Whenever I try rhyme, I fail
hence, i abandon my blogspot and peep into others
when I am not checking my office email

I confess I have tried it before
but what came out was static prose
and the words that I ended up with
where do I find a rhyme for those?

So I now leave it to the experts
to the new Gen-Next that writes so well
what wonderful control they have on their thoughts
how compelling a story do they tell

I sound like an overindulgent father
but folks, u really are good
I would aspire to be like u
would also have a go at rhyme if i cood.

I am glad we all can do this
great way to talk, it indeed is

Always feels great to be appreciated
When done in kind, I feel elated :-)

Even a simple Thank You sounds better this way,
By making this a tradition, you have made my day!

An aroma of thoughts you brought out in foray,
There is something appreciative I must surely say,
I like the way you spent your day,
The memory of which you should surely portray!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds